TypesetBot licensesTypesetBot has two kinds of licenses relavant to different applications: open-source and commercial.
Open source license
The open source license is designed for you to use TypesetBot to build open source and personal projects. The TypesetBot open source license is GPLv3. The GPLv3 has many terms, but the most important is how it is sticky when you distribute your work publicly. From the GPL FAQ:
If you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.
The commercial license is designed to for you to use TypesetBot in commercial products and applications, without the provisions of the GPLv3. With the commercial license, your code is kept propietary, to yourself. If you want to use TypesetBot to develop commercial sites, themes, projects, and applications, the commercial license is the appropriate license.
Purchasing a commercial license
Purchasing takes a minute. Our purchasing form accepts credit cards or PayPal. Once purchased, you’ll receive a commercial license PDF and you will be all set to use TypesetBot in your commercial applications. With the purchase of a commercial license:
- You may use TypesetBot in any commercial application you like.
- You may use TypesetBot in your own commercial applications and products. For example: premium WordPress, Tumblr, or other CMS themes, plugins and templates.
- Customers and users of your products do not need to purchase their own license — so long as they are not developing their own commercial products with TypesetBot.
Commercial Licenses are priced per website/application.
Do I need a license for my development environments?
- No, any application in development or non-production environment does not need a valid TypesetBot license.
Do I need to purchase a license for each subdomain on my website?
- No, having subdomains do not need multiple licenses to be purchased.
- This is of course with the exception of platforms where different private actor have their business hosted on the same domain.
Can I reuse a key on a different website?
- Yes, if you website no longer needs TypesetBot, you can use this key on a new website.